Group PP: timelapse, poster, GIF and presentation


Our timelapse of both VR and origami group activities.

 

We had an initial idea of "coming up with ideas while enjoying a cuppa" (Very British). We also wanted to show through the poster that we have experimented with the 3D space by folding 2D planes (origami) and engaging in virtual reality.We made some sketches of a cup but at last decided to omit the "space"/ box symbol because it does not match with the soft, squishy, comforting image of the cup we are looking for.

 

I was in charge of making the poster, and I thought the poster would look better with a more refined touch, so I used Illustrator. I am quite pleased with the transparent gradient of the smoke.


                      

Other peeps then send me a typographically designed term they made, based on our common areas of interest. I morphed and appropriated them into the smoke. 

At last I used halftones for the background because it reflects the comic element.


Presentation available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15JsEP3iI1FIB5fSzdwy4vo6aqL7wuZrQMK0jmd-7mKst

My GIF. This is one of the origami I folded during the group session. It represents duality of the story in my personal project, which includes a donut-shaped planet where two extreme types of people live: obese and anorexic people. This shape represents the inside surface area of the donut, in some way.





Comments